What to do if you’re worried about someone

If you’re worried about a neighbour, friend or someone else in your community, these are the places you can go for help.

If you think someone’s finding it hard to cope

Do you know someone who seems to struggle with:

  • getting their shopping or prescription?
  • paying for food or essentials?
  • feeling very lonely?

You can ask the council to help them. Fill in the ‘Request help for someone else’ form on the council website. You do not have to enter your details – it’s anonymous. 

If you’re worried about a child

If you see or hear something that makes you think a child might be abused or neglected, say something. It’s the right thing to do.

If you’re worried about an adult

If you think an adult might be in danger, or that they’re being abused or neglected, tell someone.